Submissions for the Spring 2018 Issue will be open January 9, 2018 - March 9, 2018. Click the link at the top of this website to Submit. The following are guidelines for both the contest and the literary magazine.
Guidelines for Manuscripts:
• Submit only a .doc or .docx file.
• Include the title of your piece, your name, address, phone number, and email address.
• Number all pages.
• Limit Memoir and Fiction submissions to 10 double spaced pages, 12 point type, one inch margins.
• Limit Poetry submissions to one poem of no more than 2 single or double spaced pages, 12 point type, one inch margins.
• All written entries must be the work of a single student.
• Provide an accurate English translation for any submissions written in other languages.
You may submit only one unpublished piece per author. Please notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere. All submissions will be considered for publication in Ex Umbra and if accepted entered into the Ex Umbra Literary Contest.