Submissions for the Fall 2017 Issue will be open Aug. 31, 2017 - Oct. 26, 2017. Click the link at the top of this website to Submit. The following are guidelines for both the contest and the literary magazine.
Guidelines for Manuscripts:
• Submit only a .doc or .docx file.
• Include the title of your piece, your name, address, phone number, and email address.
• Number all pages.
• Limit Memoir and Fiction submissions to 10 double spaced pages, 12 point type, one inch margins.
• Limit Poetry submissions to one poem of no more than 2 single or double spaced pages, 12 point type, one inch margins.
• All written entries must be the work of a single student.
• Provide an accurate English translation for any submissions written in other languages.
Guidelines for Art
• Submit one drawing, painting or photograph. You must be the artist of this work. This visual must be a .jpg file with at least 300 dpi. where the NCCU student artist(s) is credited. Artwork may be a collaboration.
You may submit only one unpublished piece per author, artist or artistic collaboration; please notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere. All submissions will be considered for publication in Ex Umbra and entered into the Ex Umbra Literary Contest.